With Hydronic underfloor heating always:
- Make sure there is a lifetime warranty. Whether it is water or electrical heating the system should work for the life of the house.
- Before anything, look at the type of flooring you have, or intend to have. Underfloor heating is suitable with almost any surface, but some are more suitable than others.
- Look at underfloor heating DIY kits. These are custom designed and include all the Hydronic controls and valves needed for your particular home situation.
- Consider Solar hydronic heating, which will be a huge saving in the long term.
- Give preference to a wet back boiler, which expose more water to the heating surface, subsequently proving more efficient.
- Check the level of technical support. It is good to know that expertise and Hydronic supplies are there in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Consider whether you want an advanced system that automatically adjusts to your lifestyle the seasonal conditions or just some controls for basic heating.
- Always get advice and an estimate beforehand.
- Never Compromise on quality, or make the mistake of thinking you can add more in the future. Underfloor heating is a permanent part of the house – install the system you will be wanting to use for decades ahead.
- Never exceed 27 degrees calcium on the Underfloor heating thermostat. This should be more than worm enough.