No medium imposes too many restrictions. It is our ability to be creative within the confines of a certain situation that counts. There are those who believe that the restrictions are necessary for creativity; without restrictions we might have nothing but blank space. This applies as much to commercial design as it does to art.
If we have to design a display we have a certain amount of space to work within, and a certain product or service to promote. We usually have a huge selection of colours, and other aspects of the design are virtually unlimited. As long as we can make something that conveys the right message and fits all its elements together coherently, then we have at least some worthy ideas.
Inspire Creative thoughts
- Get up early in the morning. If you have some creative ideas left over from dreams, write them down. If not, early rising is still an advantage. We seem to be far less prone to being stuck in a rut.
- Avoid routines. Our brains tend to solve problems by themselves, but this can work against us. Today’s rut was the solutions to yesterday’s problem, and it was quite creative the first time we thought of it.
- Stress is a mixed blessing. It can force us to be creative, or cause us to be paralysed. Yet it can be a change from routine, as long as the routine was not the cause of the stress.
- Learn to entertain ideas for the sake of farfetched possibilities. If you entertain enough ideas you will probably find a few that work. You might also be frustrated at having to choose between several equally good options.
- Keep taking notes. Ideas occur at the oddest moments. It is infuriating to lose an idea because you though you could remember it.
- Keep the restrictions of the situation in mind. These are the framework in which to work.
Exhibition Booth Displays Sydney
- Consider if you have a Row booth, Corner booth, End booth, or an Island booth.
- Display booths can be completely open, partly obscured by signs, or the type of enclosed booth that the visitor has to enter. The first type are open and inviting, the second type can have some sense of mystery or exclusivity.
- Consider adding some lights, including colours.
- Moving items, even just a video on a monitor, has far more impact than static displays.
- Push button activities are often worthwhile.
- Once you know the location and type of booth you will have, imagine the ultimate set up in that situation.
Pop Up Exhibition Displays Sydney
Pop up displays are quite portable, and with a decent design they are quite versatile. Adding a few of these to a display booth can make all the difference. Alternately, a desk with a few pop up displays is almost a booth.